Earth day is April 22nd! If you are looking for an earth friendly wine then look no further than Trinity Oaks! Their wine bottles feature recyclable glass and corks, and also feature EarthFirst® PLA film capsules which are made from plant-based materials and are carbon-neutral and compostable!
Not only is the bottle eco-friendly but Trinity Oaks will plant a tree for every bottle sold! Since 2008 they have worked with Trees for the Future tto bring us a greener tomorrow.
Since 1989, Trees for the Future has helped 1 million people in thousands of communities in over 20 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America plant more than 80 million trees.
- Trees for the Future focuses their efforts on tropical locations around the globe where trees can have the most beneficial impact on the environment
- Tropical species planted in the tropics grow much quicker and for longer periods each year than non-tropical species planted in colder climates (i.e. North America)
- They are able to sequester almost twice as much CO2 as the same number of trees planted in the US
- Tailor agroforestry techniques to the needs of the community
- In communal forests, they focus on large-scale reforestation and the development of non-timber forest products
- In agricultural fields, the focus is on fast-growing multipurpose trees that serve as windbreaks, firebreaks, woodlots or living fences that help with erosion control and improve soil fertility
- In the United States, they provide education to students and communities about the role of trees in the environment, energy efficiecy and other global issues